5 Things You Didn't Think About Before (or After) Creating Your Business Name
1) Filing a piece of paper establishing the corporation with your State's Secretary of State office does NOTHING to protect your business name.
2) Getting a domain name with your business name does NOTHING to protect your business name.
3) Changing a mark (name or logo) slightly DOESN'T mean you won't have a problem using it.
- See blog post Craft Beer Trademark Nightmare
4) Establishing your business, THEN filing for your trademark can mean you will have to completely re-brand your company after it is established.
5) Getting a trademark from the start can be painless.
Contact us at A. L. Harvey Law to start the process today. To learn more about trademarks see 411 on TM.
This blog and the website is made available by both the lawyer or law firm publisher is for educational purposes and only to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog and/or website you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the publisher of the blog and/or website. The blog and/or website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.